• 7 Olympic Medals: 2 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze
• 9 World Championship Medals: 5 Gold, 3 Silver, 1 Bronze
•Television Host & Personality/Web/Radio Host
(MSNBC, NBC, Comcast, WOKV, Yahoo! Sports, etc)
• Author of multiple fitness and health related books and videos
• Member of 8 Halls of Fame
• Wife, Mother, Olympic Gold Medalist, Health & Fitness Advocate, Cancer Survivor
Shannon Miller remains the Most Decorated Gymnast in American History. She is the only American to rank among the Top 10 All-Time gymnasts and is the only female athlete to be inducted into the US Olympic Hall of Fame – Twice! (Individual (2006) and Team (2008))
Shannon has won an astounding 59 International and 49 National competition medals. Over half of these have been gold. She is the only US gymnast to win 2 World All-Around Titles and she is the first American female to medal in the individual all-around of a non-boycotted Olympics. Her tally of five medals (2 silver, 3 bronze) at the 1992 Olympics was the most medals won by a US athlete in any sport. At the ’96 Games, she led the “Magnificent Seven” to the US Women’s first ever Team Gold and for the first time for any American gymnast, she captured Gold on the Balance Beam. She is the first American gymnast to win an individual gold medal at a fully-attended Summer Games and cemented her place as the most accomplished gymnast, male or female, in U.S. Olympic history.
After retiring from Olympic competition, Shannon received her undergraduate degrees in marketing and entrepreneurship and her law degree from Boston College. She then moved from Olympic athlete to advocate for the health and wellness of women and children.
Shannon launched her company Shannon Miller Lifestyle: Health and Fitness for Women along with her series of fitness books, cookbooks and fitness DVD’s in July, 2010. In 2011, she launched the Shannon Miller Walk-Fit program: an online tracking and incentive program. She continues to travel the country as a highly sought after motivational speaker and advocate for the health and wellness of women and children. Shannon’s seeks to empower women to make their health a priority through education and awareness.
Shannon hosts her weekly talk radio show in partnership with St. Vincent’s Health Care dedicated to health and fitness. She also worked as an expert analyst with Yahoo! Sports and commentator on NBCOlympics.com during the 2012 Summer Games and continues to remain involved with the sport of gymnastics as a commentator and analyst.
In January of 2011, Shannon was diagnosed with a malignant germ cell tumor, a form of ovarian cancer. She had the baseball sized tumor removed successfully and followed up with 9 weeks of chemotherapy for this rare germ cell malignancy. Shannon has remained open and public about her diagnosis and treatment and continues to empower women to make their health a priority through the media, with recent appearances on The Doctors, Katie(Katie Couric), Marie Osmond, Sanjay Gupta, E! and The Balancing Act (Lifetime Television). Shannon is currently cancer free and continues to be a strong advocate for early detection. She is the Honorary Chairperson for the nation’s first ever National Women’s Survivors Convention and the Honorary Chair of Turn the Towns Teal© 2013 Campaign. Shannon, her husband and son are expecting their miracle baby girl this June!
Look for the Shannon Miller Fitness Collection, a workout clothing line for the busy woman, launching August of 2013 in Bealls Department Stores!
· Interviews: The Doctors, Katie, Marie Osmond, E!, The Balancing Act’s Mission Makeover (Lifetime TV), Good Morning America, Sanjay Gupta, Fox & Friends, Inside Edition, USA Today, Extra, Health Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Self Magazine, New York Times, More Magazine, Forbes Magazine, and hundreds more.
· Spokesperson for BabyPlus (Prenatal education system)
· Spokesperson for StemCyte (Umbilical Cord Blood Storage)
· Spokesperson for Washington National Insurance
· Spokesperson for Rebounderz of Jacksonville (2012/2013)
· SM Foundation launched the Shannon Miller Foundation Race Weekend (cycling-2012)
· Analyst for Yahoo! Sports during the 2012 London Olympic Games
· Host of Health & Wellness Channel’sWish List with Shannon Miller(2014)
· Social Media Campaign for Yoplait Smoothie (2012)
· Firstand onlyGymnastics App “Get in the Game” in partnership with Apple
· Host of Shannon Miller Lifestyle Radio (one hour weekly radio show - WOKV)
· Host ofFrosted Pink with a Twistan event to raise cancer awareness (with Scott Hamilton) – (ABC)
· HostGymnastics 360° with Shannon Miller, a weekly program for Comcast. (2004-2009)
· Analyst NBC’s HDTV coverage of men’s and women’s artistic gymnastics for the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece.
· Analyst for MSNBC’s coverage of the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games.
· Analyst for both men’s and women’s artistic gymnastics for NCAA events as well as National and International Elite competitions.
· Columnist:Inside Gymnastics Magazine.
· Shannon speaks professionally on healthy lifestyle, women’s health and empowerment, leadership, goal-setting and overcoming obstacles to audiences at corporations, associations & universities across the country.
· Presenter at televised award shows including Southern Sports Awards, Golden Goggles and Kids Choice Awards.
· Author:Shannon Miller Fitness To-Go Series, Shannon Miller Pregnancy Cookbook, Shannon Miller Runner’s Journal, Shannon Miller Food Journal and Exercise Log,
Shannon Miller Body After BabyDVD, Shannon Miller Fit PregnancyDVD
· Author:Winning Everyday:Gold Medal Advice for Healthy Happy Living, Random House.
· Featured in national magazines includingFitness, Sports Illustrated, Vogue, Glamour, Woman’s Day, International Gymnast, Inside Gymnastics, Parents, SI for Kids, etc.
· Hundreds of appearances on television, radio and print media throughout the U.S. includingLifetime TV,1 vs. 100, Conan, Late Night with David Letterman, Saved By The Bell, Wayne Brady, Regis and Kathy Lee, Today Show, GMA, Inside Edition, 1010XL, Anderson 360, MSNBC,etc.
(2013) Honorary Chair of Turn the Towns Teal© 2013 Campaign
(2013) Honorary Chair of the first ever National Women’s Survivor Convention
(2013) 2013 Woman of Distinction (Girl Scouts)
(2012) Jacksonville Business Journals “40 Under 40”
(2011) Look Good, Feel Better “Dream Girl” (American Cancer Society)
(2011) Jacksonville Business Journal “Women of Influence”
(2011) Honored by JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
(2010) Inducted into the NASPE Hall of Fame
(2008) Woman of Inspiration Award (Sacramento Monarchs)
(2008) Women’s International Sports Hall of Fame
(2008) US Olympic Hall of Fame (Team)(Shannon is the only female athlete to be inducted into the USOC Hall of Fame twice)
(2006) Boys Club All Sports Hall of Fame
(2006) International Gymnastics Hall of Fame
(2005) U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame- 2ndfemale gymnast ever inducted
(2003) U.S. Gymnastics Hall of Fame- most decorated gymnast in United States history
(2002) Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame- Youngest Inductee
(1998) U.S. Gymnastics Hall of Fame – Team category
(1996) Co-Grand Marshal- Rose Bowl Parade with Carl Lewis
(1994) Dial Award National High School Athlete Scholar- Dial Corporation
(1994) Henry P. Iba Citizen Athlete Award- First Recipient
(1994) Presidential Medallion- USA Gymnastics
(1993) Female Athlete of the Year- National March of Dimes
(1993) Governor’s Youth Award- State of Oklahoma
(1992-1996) James E. Sullivan Award Nominee- Amateur Athletic Union
(1992, 1994) Jim Thorpe Award- Oklahoma Amateur Athletic Union (first recipient)
(1992) Steve Reeves Award- New York Downtown Athletic Club (first female recipient)
(1992) Edmond Citizen of the Year- Edmond Chamber of Commerce
(1992) Oklahoma Ambassador of Goodwill; Governor David Walters