Scott Bales grew up
with dreams of being a fighter pilot…a Top Gun influence that quickly took a
back seat when he discovered the exciting and ever-changing world of
technology. Now, instead of dodging rapid fire, Bales travels the globe dodging
and fighting the traditional thinking about how customers are behaving with
A big proponent of user centered design, Bales maintains that organizations need to start listening to customers before they design a product. He shows them how customers are behaving with mobile and promotes technology as a way to create experiences, insisting that it’s more important for an organization to know the customer, not their account number.
The Chief Mobile Officer for Movenbank, the world’s first-ever card-less bank, Scott is a self-proclaimed extrovert who has meshed his fascination with people and what motivates them, with his enthusiasm for technology. An Australian, who currently runs the Asia Pacific sector of User Strategy in Singapore, Bales is “the most influential on social media in the advancement of financial services and mobility.”** With over ten years of international experience in innovation, thought leadership, implementation planning, and strategy, he is a sought after consultant and speaker who communicates his unorthodox ideas with passion and charisma.
Scott has worked with various governments in Asia Pacific and Africa, taking on key advisory roles for countrywide infrastructure, and mobile commerce projects. A multifaceted techie, he was instrumental in developing the mobile commerce space for markets in Malaysia, Singapore Cambodia, Indonesia and the Philippines. Bales is on a mission to transform mainstream thought processing around conventional business practices.
When not in a boardroom or on centre stage, you’re likely to find Scott downloading the latest Linkin Park or Maroon 5 single over a tumbler of Scotch (well he is an Aussie)...that’s when he’s not devouring, tweeting, and blogging on the latest and greatest in the world of mobility and money.
Scott has a Bachelor of Applied Science, a Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology and a Masters of Business from Swinburne University of Technology.
Transform and Mobilize
Mobility is a game changer. It’s not about the device – it’s about how customers are behaving with mobile. Scott Bales looks at how the mobile phone is now the catalyst for change – how industries are forced to shift away from the idea of a ‘place to do business’ to a ‘virtual anytime, anywhere, always-on cultural environment’. He looks at the impact this is having on modern organizations, and how they need to evolve into this mobile world if they wish to survive.
· How the consumer’s modality shifts should impact your organization’s outlook
· Key questions that organizations should be asking themselves and their customer base
· How to capitalize on the cultural, behavioral and technological changes that are shaping the expectations and outlook of the modern consumer
· Realize the untapped power that mobility brings to your business
· Learn how to create deep and loyal relationships with your consumers
The unthinkable usually starts a disruptive evolution: you used to go to Borders to buy a book, to Blockbuster to rent a movie, and you poured through Encyclopedia Britannica for your research project. In a world where digital transformation is a key driver behind innovation, legacy businesses are quickly being overtaken by more nimble start-ups. Recent years have seen dozens of start-ups in the financial services sector: Square, PayPal, Dwolla, and Scott Bales’s own…Movenbank, enter the market at an opportune time. Bales looks at the reasons behind these start-ups, and why some of the most powerful retail and financial institutions should be paying attention, before they go the way of Borders, Blockbuster and Britannica.
· A start-up’s secret sauce to disruption: what fuels the start-up and their founders; why they will succeed
· Find the sweet spot between the user’s needs and the goals of the business
· The art to Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Usability, Visual Emotion Connection and The Power of Prototyping
· How to identify and act on both quick win, and longer term opportunities to refine the touch points of your organization
· How to be a key leader in this evolution with the inspiration to transform your organization and the tools to think outside the box for true innovation.