Cheryl Cran is the CEO of Evolutionary Business Solutions (parent company Synthesis at Work Inc) where leaders enhance their abilities to lead change, transform people and grow business.
For over twenty years Cheryl has worked with over one hundred different industries, in over one dozen countries and with thousands of audiences worldwide. Her company Evolutionary Business Solutions provides consulting solutions, training solutions and keynote presentations on leadership, change and business growth.
Industries that Cheryl has worked with include agriculture, health, pharma, finance, insurance, associations, medical, retail, manufacturing, pest control, funeral, entrepreneurs, education and many more. The common elements among all industries is the need for leaders to effectively deal with ongoing challenges such as attracting and retaining top talent, leading multiple generations, leading change in traditional organizations, transforming people to perform at higher levels and ultimately to grow the business.
In the twenty years of being the CEO of the consulting firm Synthesis at Work Inc. Cheryl Cran has helped leaders and their teams to evolve their executive, leadership and team skill levels so that they can increase results.
Cheryl’s background includes being a high performing leader in her early twenties in the finance and insurance industries. While in the banking industry she was promoted quickly at the age of twenty three to management and from there was groomed to area manager leadership. After ten successful years as a leader in banking she was head hunted by a national financial insurance company to head up their regional portfolio. In the two years she was there her team helped to grow the company and increase market share by thirty percent.
From insurance she was wooed back to finance and was in charge of growing a mortgage portfolio to ten million and she and her partner did so within a ten month time frame. In the early nineties she was approached by a major consulting firm and became an intern for one year before setting out to set up her own practice in 1994.
Since then Cheryl’s experience and training in organizational development, leadership development, communication planning, project management and more has provided growth, evolution and success for her global clients.
She is the author of 4 books including the best selling, “101 Ways to Make Generations X, Y and Zoomers Happy at Work” and newly released “Leadership Mastery In The Digital Age”. Her articles have been featured in Entrepreneur magazine, Forbes, Metro New York, Readers Digest, Cosmopolitan, Selling Power, Builder Woman magazine, Managing People, Meeting Planners Industry and more.
Cheryl’s work is being licensed in countries worldwide such as Malaysia, Singapore, China, Italy, Greece and more.
Her company Synthesis at Work Inc is the parent company to Evolutionary Business Solutions, TMI Canada and TACK Canada multinational training and consulting firms in over sixty countries.
Cheryl is the Immediate Past President of the Global Speakers Federation 2012/2013 and on the board of directors since 2010. In December 2012 she was inducted into the Canadian Speaker Hall of Fame and is a Certified Speaking Professional a globally recognized designation.
Lead Change In a Fast Paced & Technological Workplace
This change and personal leadership keynote is for leaders and their teams who are in working in times of intense technological innovation and among multi-generational teams.
The future will prove to be times of innovation and will require high levels of contribution from leaders and their teams.
Now it is time to focus on the future and move forward with aligned focus on vision and results.
Cheryl uses humor, interaction, custom made videos focusing on your company and your people, along with movie clips to create a powerful keynote or seminar experience for your group.
This keynote focuses on how each individual can harness their own inner abilities to manage change and personal leadership in a positive and proactive way.
Attendees will leave with:
- Further insight into how technology and how the different generations are using it is transforming the way we work
- A shifted perspective on how we as individuals can manage stress and time in an increasingly fast-paced work environment
- A clear understanding of how each generation views change and deals with change and strategies to improve change responses and actions
- Insight into their own personal change behaviors and tools to leverage their individual ability to adapt more quickly to ongoing change with a positive approach
- Ideas on how to leverage the intelligence of each of the generations to increase sales, profits and productivity
- Tools to manage change in a way that combines emotional intelligence with generation intelligence and connects each person to the company’s vision and goals
- Skills to communicate in a way that speaks to the higher potential of each individual and creates unprecedented understanding and commitment to change as we move forward
The return on investment for those attending this session and for the organization is an increased skill level for the leaders to manage change in a way that inspires each person to work hard for the vision and goals of the company.
All of Cheryl’s keynote titles and content can be customized to speak the language of your organization. Cheryl is happy to provide a pre-event call with potential clients to discuss your event and create a custom program for you and your group.
What will leaders and their teams have to do to thrive today and beyond to the year 2020?
Today’s challenges include ongoing global change, uncertain economies and changing workplace dynamics.
Different generational attitudes are shaping where we work, how we work and when we work. As leaders we are the ones to set the vision, the positive environment for collaboration and the probability for success.
This keynote will provide insight, humor and creative ideas on how leaders can increase team buy in through their 2020 vision.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- A look at the trends and technologies shaping the future workplace today
- Ideas for leaders and their teams to adapt their personality style and leadership style to the evolving workplace
- Tools to use to successfully communicate with the different generations in the workplace
- Insights into how each of the generations handles change and what they expect from their workplace today and in the future
- Case studies and examples of progressive companies that are on the cutting edge of creating innovative workplaces and creating the template for the workplace of the future
- Strategies on how to get everyone on board with the overall vision, build excitement for the company’s direction and create commitment and buy-in to taking action today and for the future
This keynote is expandable up to a 1-2 day leadership retreat focused on building strategic plans, building aligned leadership focus and creating new business plans for the departments of the company.
How to Make Generations X, Y and Zoomers Happy at Work
This Generations keynote is based on the content of Cheryl’s best selling book, 101 Ways to Make Generations X, Y and Zoomers Happy at Work this keynote is all about harnessing the strengths of each of the generations to move business forward.
Research shows that the generations impact is being felt by all industries world wide, the challenges include dealing with different work values, attracting and keeping Gen X and Y employees, succession planning for Zoomers, retiring Zoomers, and more.
This Generations keynote is not about ‘what we need to know’ about each of the generations, rather its more about ‘what’ do we do as leaders to further engage, motivate and lead the multiple generations in the workplace.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- Insight and a reminder of the demographics of each of the generations in the workplace and their impact on business
- How each of the generations views technology and its role in achieving work goals
- The different work values of each of the generations and debunking the myths of some of the stereotypes
- Leadership strategies on how to successfully lead each of the generations by adapting to their work style and generational style
- How to leverage leadership styles into our approaches with the different generations
- How to benefit all of the generations by re-looking at systems, processes and approaches in a new and creative way
- Examples of high profile companies who have a large Gen Y demographic and what those companies are doing to recruit and retain Gen Y’s
- Stories of progressive ideas on how to deal with retiring Zoomers, how to encourage reverse mentoring and how to build career plans for Gen X and Y
- How to leverage evolutionary leadership skills of creativity and innovation when leading multigenerational teams
This Generations keynote is for leaders and their teams who are recognizing that generational attitude differences are slowing down the growth of the company, limiting the ability for leaders to achieve team goals and that the future is about multigenerational teams working together collaboratively. When it comes to generations keynote speakers, Cheryl is rated at the top of the list.
As with all of her keynotes Cheryl provides movie clips, stories, examples, video clips and more to inspire, motivate and provide usable ideas for the attendees.
Watch Cheryl Cran's Videos.