Bill Schley is an award-winning branding expert, author, speaker and a life-long entrepreneur. He is President and Co-Founder of BrandTeamSix and is known for creating the Dominant Selling Idea at some of the world's most successful companies. He began his career as a writer at legendary Ted Bates Advertising Agency in New York where he won an Effie Award for sales effective advertising. In addition to The UnStoppables, his fourth book, he is the author of Why Johnny Can't Brand which won the award for "Top 5 Marketing Books of the Year" by Strategy+Business Magazine, and The Micro-Script Rules. He has appeared on CNBC's Street Signs, CNN Money Online and numerous syndicated radio programs.
- Founding Partner and Creative Director at David ID, the Connecticut branding firm. Founder and head of strategic marketing at Home Financial Network, Inc., industry's #1 easy-to-use home banking software. Merged with Sybase (NYSE: SAP) to became Financial Fusion, Inc., growing from 5 to 350 employees with clients around the world.
- Copywriter at Ted Bates, New York; won industry's Effie Award for sales-effective national advertising.
- Wrote a screenplay for 20th Century Fox.
- Author of best-selling book published by HarperCollins, Power of 10. Author of award-winningWhy Johnny Can't Brand: Rediscovering the lost art of the Big Idea (Originally from Penguin Books), Author of The Micro-Script Rules: It's not what people hear. It's what they repeat... (N.W. Widener)
- Graduate of Harvard University, Sailor, Skydiver
Bill Schley is a popular speaker and regular guest on national television and radio programs focused on branding and communications. Since Why Johnny Can't Brand: Rediscovering the lost art of the Big Idea was published by Penquin in 2005, Bill has appeared nationally on CNBC's Street Signs, News 12 Network's 12 On the Money, and CNN Money Online; and is a regular guest on nationally syndicated radio programs, including Alan Rothman's Business of Success Radio and Jim Blasingame's Business Advocates.
As anyone who hears an interview, reads a book excerpt or testimonial will see, Bill's speaking style is lively, entertaining and informal. Talks range from instructive to motivational - with lively question and answer sessions a key part of the program. Each program is tailored for the issues and industry concerns of the host audience.
Watch Bill Schley's Videos.